Orange chicken recipe is one kind of popular yet easy and healthy Chinese food recipes. In this post, I’ll share with you a very easy recipe for orange chicken.
Basically, there are three major things you’ll need to prepare before starting. They are orange chicken sauce, ingredients and batter. Orange chicken sauce is vitally important when it comes to preparing orange chicken recipe as it plays an important role in improving the overall taste.
Here is the easy orange chicken recipe:
Orange Chicken Sauce:
1 cups water
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon Chinese wine
4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 clove garlic (mince it)
1 inch ginger (mince it)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 teaspoons cooking oil
Batter (to dip chicken and fry)
1/2 cup water
5 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sesame oil
small pinch of salt
Preparation & Cooking Steps:
1. Mix the ingredients of the orange chicken sauce and prepare to use.
2. Mix the batter and dip the bite-size pieces of chicken into the batter mixture.
3. Heat up the frying pan. Once it’s hot, pour in good amount of oil to the frying pan.
4. Put the chicken pieces into the oil and fry them until they become golden in color.
5. Use tong / long chopsticks to take the chicken out and put on paper towel to soak up the oil.
6. Pour away the oil after frying.
7. Get the ingredient and orange chicken sauce ready.
8. Heat up the frying pan.
9. Add 3 teaspoons of cooking oil into the frying pan.
10. Add in the minced garlic and ginger and stir them until they becoming golden in color.
11. Put the chicken pieces into the pan and add in salt and pepper and fry.
12. Pour in the orange chicken sauce and stir until sticky.
13. Transfer the dish out to plate and prepare to serve!