If you want to know how to make homemade pizza, then firstly, you should know the pizza dough recipes.
There are many easy pizza recipes which don’t require you to make homemade dough. But in my experience, making great homemade dough marks the starting of a great pizza.
Below you can find a very easy pizza recipe that tells you how to make your own dough and a great margherita pizza very easily.
150g all-purpose flour
1 packet of active dry yeast
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of warm water
4 basil leaves, roughly cut
2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped into sauce-like tomato
150g fresh mozzarella cheese (Mozzarella is made from water buffalo milk and highly nutritious), thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
Preparation & Cooking Steps:
1. Put the flour into a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle the yeast into the flour.
3. Add the extra virgin olive oil and salt into the flour.
4. Add in warm water into the bowl. (The water can not be too hot or else it can kill the yeast)
5. Knead the mixture until it become a soft dough.
6. Transfer the dough to flat counter and knead it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Put the dough into a bowl rubbed with olive oil, cover and let it rise for about 30 minutes. (The dough should grow big to doubled size)
8. Knead the dough to become a round ball.
9. Roll the dough into a pizza size circle. (Remove some dough if the dough circle is too thick)
10. Preheat the oven to 450F.
11. Spread the tomato sauce onto the dough as topping.
12. Spread the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some salt and pepper as well.
13. Put your pizza onto a baking stone and put into the oven to bake for 15 minutes at 450F.
14. When it’s done, sprinkle the pizza with basil leaves and some olive oil and your margherita pizza is ready to be served!