Too much heavy food recently?
Wanted to give your stomach a rest, eating something light and yet taste great?
Tomatoes and Basil Pasta. It’s vegetarian and also gives energy for the day.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 120gm Spaghetti
- 2 fresh, peeled tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 can (100g) of tomato sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti pasta in a large pot of boiling water (2L) until al dente. About 8 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to a skillet at medium heat and cook the garlic till slightly golden brown.
- Saute’ the peeled tomatoes with salt & pepper, red pepper flakes in the skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes sauce and basil leaves. Change to low heat and simmer for another 3 mins.
- Drain the pasta and toss into the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to a plate, garnish with some fresh basil leaves and serve.