Have you ever thought of having a gourmet dinner at home?
What about a posh dish, Wagyu Steak?
Having a Wagyu steak at the restaurant may easily cost you a bomb, however, it isn’t that difficult to create this dish by yourself.
Choosing the right beef is very important.
Wagyu, M6-7 to from Australia, with nice marbling (unsaturated fat) within the meat.
Get around 120-130gm with 2-inch thickness and some fat of the Wagyu would give you the best end results for this dish.
Let’s get started!!
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 120-130gm Wagyu, about 2 inch thickness
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- a bunch of fresh herbs – Rosemary, Mints, lemon leaves, basil, oregano etc.
- Finely chop the herbs and put it into a small bowl
- Add a tiny pinch of salt and EVOO into the herbs and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut out the excess fat at the edge of the beef to be used as the oil for grilling.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and tiny little bit of olive oil at both side. Set aside for 20 mins.
- Put a large skillet on a high heat.
- Add the excess fat into the skillet, melt them until part of the oil become liquid.
- Add the beef to the skillet, turn and cook each side around 2 mins (total 6 sides) using a tong.
- Take off the skillet from the heat, and leave it to rest for 3 mins.
- Return the beef to medium heat, make sure to sear each side till you see it’s brown.
- Transfer the steak into a plate, put a large handful of salad next to the steak.
- Drizzle the herbs dressings onto the steak and it’s ready to serve.
Lastly, enjoy the tenderness and juiciness of Wagyu steak and it definitely melts in your mouth.
Gourmet dish made easy