Authentic Italian Carbonara is one of the most popular pasta dishes.
It is often made in a rich and creamy way.
Do you know how Italian cook it? In Italy, cream, garlic and herbs are not commonly used.
Making this dish is just so simple and you can easily do it with limited ingredients at home.
Here you go the authentic way!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 120g of Spaghetti
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano/parmesan cheese
- 1 tea spoon of black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 table spoon of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Combine 2 eggs, grated Parmigiano cheese, black pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat up a skillet, add in EVOO and bacon.
- Cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss them with bacon in the skillet.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Transfer the hot spaghetti and bacon to the egg and cheese mixture and toss quickly. The egg and cheese will turn into the sauce of this pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with grated parmesan.
Try it now and Enjoy the Italian way!